Thursday 18 August 2011

Salamander

Boy have we had some rain, today! It's been incredible. So much for hanging out the washing on the line, or going to the park. Even walking from the door to the car was enough to soak us to the skin. I've read reports of two weeks' worth of rainfall in half an hour, today. Bournemouth had flash flooding and roads were blocked. I had a day with my daughter, today. She wanted to go to the new Sunshine Ceramics shop, so off we went. By the time we got there I needed to wring out my jeans, and the windows of the shop had already steamed up.
We chose a salamander each, and decorated them. I was able to sit and enjoy the time we had together, and create something, too. The salamander reminded me of my trip to Baracelona seven years ago, where I went for my last girls' break away before I fell pregnant. We visited the Gaudi park with the mosaic salamanders. Even though it was really busy, I felt at peace in that park. It was beautiful. It had something special about it. Or perhaps it was just the thrill of being away, seeing something new, and having great fun with my friends! I think there was a part of me that knew it was to be my last holiday before we started a family. I'd love to go back and show the kids, and Pat what an amazing place Barcelona is - especially the bits away from the touristy areas.
Today, I had a girly day of a different kind - and it was lovely to spend time with my daughter, having fun together and chatting away. It would have been nice if the weather hadn't been so rubbish, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment