Sunday 29 November 2009

Keep On Running

Day 192
29 November 2009

I recently took up running, again, having run almost everywhere as a teenager because I didn't have a car, and I was always impatient to get to places.
This was, until I moved to London. Then I discovered the Tube, and pollution.
Nowadays, it's to get fit, blow away the cobwebs, and feel the fresh air on my face as I run off down the road. Not only that, but I feel that I need to show myself that I am capable of doing it, and making the time to do it is important. My family have a few long-distance runners milling about, so I also think that perhaps I should keep it up. The route I'm using at the moment is roughly 3 miles. Today I went the opposite way around it because the wind was too strong in the other direction!
Swanage is brilliant for running. There are lots of different gradients and routes to use; wonderful scenery; and lots of hills to challenge anyone. There is also a running group, called Purbeck Runners, who have been going for about a year or so, and are popular with lots of people. I know lots of mums who are runners, and two of my friends who ran the Marathon this year. So I suppose I've been inspired to start up again. But I doubt I'll be Marathon material for a very long time, if ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment