Thursday 5 November 2009

Red Curry

Day 166
03 November 2009

I was not sure whether my kids would eat this, but I thought that it was worth a try. I call it "rainbow food" due to the variety of colours of the ingredients to make up the meal. This is a root veg curry sauce with lots of beetroot and tomatoes, which gives it the bright red appearance. The red split pea lentils came out a mellow yellow at the end, and the little sprig of coriander gives it a bit of contrast.
My son loved it. He even had seconds! My daughter was a bit more reticent about it, although she agreed to eat it for the promise of neopolitan ice cream for pudding!
We made ours more spicy by adding encona hot pepper sauce. I just wish I hadn't eaten as much as I did, because it was sitting heavily by the time I went for my first singing lesson, this evening, which was a good laugh, even if I did feel a bit of a wally for sitting outside for ages thinking that the previous class were running late...and that actually they were all waiting for me. Oops!


No comments:

Post a Comment