Monday 9 November 2009

Souper

Day 172
09 November 2009

I made roasted squash and root vegetable soup for dinner, tonight. It was very tasty, especially with some tabasco and some toasted pumpkin seeds sprinked over it. As with the lentil curry last week, I wasn't sure if the kids were up to eating this or not, but as they were both very hungry and I had involved my daughter with the blending (we had a deal that she could press the button as long as she tasted and ate some of the soup), my son cleaned his bowl and had seconds, and my little girl decided after half a bowl full that it had too much pepper in it!
There is definitely something very comforting about making and eating soups in winter, and I always feel that I am giving my family something really nourishing and good. It's not really possible to go wrong with soup, is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment