Tuesday 27 October 2009

Chips

Day 159
27th October 2009
The town is buzzing again this week, as families are here on their half-term break. Suddenly, the shops are busier than they have been. The good weather is also bringing people out and about.
One of the most irresistible aromas at the seaside is the smell of chips and vinegar. I challenge anyone who is hungry to not feel their mouth start to water at that smell wafting through the seafront breeze, and walk past a chip shop without a second glance.
This afternoon I took this photo when I wasn't hungry...just to be safe. I like this photo, especially the stray salt on the table.
However, the big question, is what's better? Mayo or Ketchup? I know which I prefer. Yum!

2 comments:

  1. Nothing like the smell of seaside fish and chips - I used to love salt but now I avoid it like the plaque - still love fish and chips but can only manage a half portion so need someone to share them with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say just salt and vinegar if eating out of paper, ketchup at home with egg and I was very tempted by chips & mayo last week in Salzburg. We had walked for hours and were very hungry.

    ReplyDelete