Thursday 22 October 2009

More Autumn

Day 153
21 October 2009

This afternoon we went for a walk up to Durlston Country Park. Along the way we passed a heap of leaves and rotting apples, presumably for rotting down to compost.
I love Autumn. I love the colours, the fresh, cool air, and the smell of bonfires (but only from a distance - nobody wants to smell of burnt wood and leaves). I love the night skies, too: clear and bright with starlight.
A walk in the late afternoon sun was enough to lift my spirits, and send my daughter into an excitable hour of running around collecting leaves, acorns, sticks and snails. My son enjoyed watching his big sister jump about like a mad thing.


Oh, those Victorians! They loved stringing it out, didn't they? Surely this sign would have been better to have read: "Stick to the path, shut gate, be quiet".



Gotta take the rough with the smooth...

Someone's kindling. Looking good to me!





No comments:

Post a Comment