Saturday 10 October 2009

The day the ground shook...

Day 139
07 October 2009
...but we didn't feel it! There was a controlled explosion in Swanage bay, today, after some divers found an unexploded WW2 bomb. The bomb disposal team were called in, and at the very point we were on the ferry to Bournemouth, the explosion occurred. Swanage apparently shook for a moment.
I imagine the sea creatures were a bit surprised!
These photos were taken on the way back from an unsuccesful shopping trip where we were supposed to buy clothes for the kids to wear at our friend's wedding next week, and to buy me something, too. We came home without anything apart from a winter coat for our little boy. I don't know what it is about clothes shopping, but I really hate it at the moment! There is so much rubbish out there, and what isn't is far too expensive, and I need to find an outfit that's breastfeeding friendly!





No comments:

Post a Comment