Monday 19 April 2010

Run, Run, Run!

Day 331
18 April 2010
Today I entered a fun run to raise money for one of the local pre-schools. It was a 5K run around Durlston and back to the school. It was hot, sunny, and...fun. There were around 25 of us running, including some serious Purbeck Runners. The run was a few hills, a few fields, and back again.
As a runner on hard ground, usually under cover of darkness so that nobody can see how daft I look, and when it's generally cool (or almost freezing), I found it a slight challenge. I was also up 5 times in the night with my son, who, for whatever reason, doesn't really want to sleep at the moment, but is partial to a 2 hourly feeding regime. I also had to get up at 6.30 so that my poor husband could go to bed for a couple of hours, having finished a night shift. I haven't been able to train for the run because of illness and so, after running once in 2 weeks, I went on this hot, hilly, grassy run, and came back at around 31 ish minutes, in 14th place. Not bad!
My friend Catherine made it through as the First Lady, which, if I'd been able to keep up with her all the way around, I'd have been just behind!
All in all it was a great, well organised event and a lot of fun to do. What made it all even more worthwhile were my kids, who came running up to me at the end and gave me a big kiss!And big thanks to my other half, who stayed up all day instead of going to bed to get some sleep before going to work.

1 comment:

  1. Well done Nikki, we're all proud of you for doing the run. We're sure it was hard work but you made it look easy. Hugs n kisses.

    ReplyDelete