Tuesday 20 April 2010

Market Day

Day 333
20 April 2010
It was market day, today. I walked around to see what was on offer, for the first time this season. I bought a few books for the kids. I am often amazed by the standards of young children's storybooks, because they are so beautifully written and illustrated. I frequently read to my children with a similar enthralled suspense to theirs. We recently discovered the thrill of reading Pippi Longstocking, which still holds its own despite being written 60-something years ago by a Swedish author; but the Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe left my daughter enchanted, much like myself, who hadn't read it for years, let alone watched the film. Reading was always a pleasure for me as a child, and I'd spend countless hours curled up with a book, engrossed in another world. Nowadays, at the moment, children's literature is all I do read, but I will get back to those evenings of being curled up with a good book. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment