Friday 16 April 2010

Silver Balloon

Day 329
16 April 2010
Having had a fairly sleepless night, I gave up trying sleep at 5.30 and got up, along with my fidgety and restless son, who immediately perked up as soon as he saw me buttering the first slice of malt loaf. He was shortly followed by my daughter, who was as chipper as a chippery thing, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, and ready for fun and games. I was bleary-eyed and grumpy, and even the radio was a source of irritation.
A while later, and I decided to get out into the fresh air, and enjoy the sunrise. A surprising number of people were out and about, including an elderly gentleman who was watching the tide coming in from the comfort of his car. There were a few dog walkers on the downs; and the refuse collectors were out in force. I noticed this silver helium balloon being gently co-erced up the shore on monkey beach, and felt it was right for a photo for today. It stayed put long enough for me to take its photograph, before drifting away with the tide.
By the time I'd got back to the house, I felt much, much better. But a bit more sleep would have been nice!





No comments:

Post a Comment