Thursday 14 January 2010

Roots

Day 237
14 January 2010
I feel like I came back to my roots, when I moved back to Swanage. I grew up here, but I wasn't born here, and we moved alot when I was a child.
It wasn't until we moved back here a couple of years ago, that I realised in all that time I was away doing other things I was never quite sure where I belonged, or even if I wanted to belong.
I feel comfortable, happy, settled and relaxed, here. I know what I'm supposed to be doing, and I am happy to be doing it. I don't wake up every morning feeling irritated because I long for change, or feel that I am trapped in a groove. I wake up feeling my feet firmly on the ground, and feeling truly grateful for the beach, the sea, the clean air, and the freedom we have. All in all, a great trade-off for the sacrifices we made as a family to get here!

1 comment:

  1. A great post and wonderful that you're so settled now. I'm jealous because I would so love to live near the sea, I really miss it, but for the time being, my family is here in land-locked Berks!

    ReplyDelete