Wednesday 13 January 2010

Warm As Toast

Day 231

08 January 2010


It's been a bitterly cold day, today, although still no sign of snow! After school today we went for a very quick walk into town to get something for dinner. On the way, my daughter was asking for an ice cream, of all things! When I'd explained that 3'c weather conditions was not really ice cream weather, it resulted in tantrums and a brief, but very dramatic rendition of child screaming on the pavement and shouting for ice cream at the top of her voice. I will be reminding her of this day for many years to come. I couldn't help but laugh as I left her lying on her back, kicking her legs in the air, it seemed so funny, considering the weather!

Needless to say, she was very cold by the time we had got home. We made toasted ciabatta with tomato and ham. And No Ice Cream. The result?

Lesson learned. I think...



No comments:

Post a Comment