Monday 1 February 2010

The Day We Almost Got To Old Harry

Day 253
30 January 2010
After breakfast, we went for a walk. We went along the beach, and then we got to Shep's Hollow, took the steep steps up the cliff, and then into the fields, above. We slid our way up the muddy tracks to the top, and then stared at th magnificent view, all the while imagining we were on an amazing adventure, to keep our daughter focussed on the walk. I am amazed that she did it, as it's all up hill, and cold and muddy. She loved it, and the promise of an ice lolly at the end helped her along the way. We had a great time, but stopped 1 mile short of Old Harry, because both kids were starting to get tired. Next time we'll do the whole walk!
Thar be the Isle Of Wight!
Technically, I am proud of this photo, especially as I was shooting directly into the sun!

Looking at the OSM


Thar be Swanage!



Can I have my ice lolly, now?





No comments:

Post a Comment