Wednesday 3 February 2010

Things That Go Bump In The Night

Day 257
03 February 2010

My son was unwell, last night, so he was unsettled and grumpy. At just after 3am, I was dealing with a fidget that wouldn't feed, lie still, settle with cuddles or calm down with a lullaby.
Two hours and a lot of "Shhh!" later, he finally went to sleep.
During this time, I heard the house fidgeting, too. There were a few gurgles as the heating came on; a few creaking noises in the floorboards as the house heated up, and occasionally a "CRACK" from a chunk of ice separating in the freezer, downstairs. Then there was the sound of fingernails tapping against the cot, just before my son woke up, and the lightshade falling off the wall in my daughter's bedroom as I walked past it after I'd said goodnight to her. Now I like to think that I'm not a nervous kind of person, but this did put the wind up me a bit, especially at 4.50 in the morning, feeling tired, and on my own!
BOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment