Monday 15 March 2010

A Birthday

Day 297
15 March 2010

At just before 5 am, my daughter woke with a migraine. She joined my son, who had been crying nearly the whole night through because he had a temperature and felt lousy. All on my daughter's birthday. I was willing her to feel better, I thought it so unfair for her to be poorly on her special day.
But it wasn't to be. She woke again at 8, and still felt terrible. She didn't want any of her schoolfriends to "catch" her migraine, so felt it was right not to go in to school.
By lunchtime, she was much better, but by that point it was too late to go in. Despite everything, she said she has enjoyed her birthday, and so that was good enough for me!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, poor thing - it's rotten feeling unwell on your birthday

    ReplyDelete