Thursday 11 March 2010

More Cake

Day 293
11 March 2010
I decorated the birthday cake, today. It took ages, but it has come out OK...not sure about the whole easter bonnet type of thing, but I hope that by the time it's got a few mini eggs around the brim it will look a bit better. I'm dubious about the brim, actually. It wasn't so much sponge, more like biscuit. But hey ho...

This is my favourite photo, because it looks as though the ladybird on the right is poking its tongue out at its friend. Or just about to lick a leaf.

My concientious young critic liked the ladybirds, but wasn't so sure about the slug across the star...
Poking holes in the icing, to make it look like a straw hat type thing.


At the beginning, there was doubt. In the end, though, I feel fairly happy with the result. The butterfly is a bit of a let down, though!




No comments:

Post a Comment