Sunday 14 March 2010

Mother's Day

Day 296
14 March 2010

I have had a lovely day, today. I have been given chocolates, flowers, and a handmade card from my daughter. I've been taken out for lunch, and spent some time with both my mother, and my mother-in-law.
My children have been gorgeous, as always, and I have enjoyed sitting back and watching them, today. The best gifts I have had from them have been the spontaneous hugs and kisses I've received, the gentle hand in mine, the giggle and the smile, the whispering of, "happy mother's day, Mummy" several times during the day, the look of love from my son.
I think that perhaps mother's day isn't just about pampering and spending money on gifts for them, but more about the mother reflecting on the time they have had as a parent, nurturing their child and helping to grow into the beautiful people they are. To me, it's also about how we nurture ourselves, how we allow ourselves to reflect, to smile at ourselves, to feel grateful and be shown gratitude. Share that gratitude, that love, and remind yourself daily how lucky you are to be a mother, to be the child, and to have the unending love from within to give and to receive.
Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect Mother's day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful words and a lovely picture.

    ReplyDelete