Tuesday 9 March 2010

A Cake Is Born

Day 291
09 March 2010

I've been making birthday cake this afternoon. It all started yesterday, when I decided I'd have a go at doing a pirate treasure chest, but I couldn't find any gold coins for the inside of the chest. All I could see was a lot of Easter-based confectionary.
Then I thought, "I know, I'll make an Easter Bonnet birthday cake!"
Last night I made the shape of the bonnet, and this afternoon, I made the brim. That's the easy bit, done...
The icing and decorating bit will be interesting!
Ever feel as though you've bitten off a little bit more than you can chew?!










1 comment:

  1. Nikki, Jackie says stop teasing her with all these cakes she's not allowed to eat. However, I AM allowed to eat cakes so please save me a piece. Mart

    ReplyDelete