Tuesday 15 September 2009

Blue Pool

Day 116
14 September 2009

My daughter finished school at lunchtime, and after lunch the sky was a cloudy blue, the sun was shining, and there was a light breeze. I decided that we'd head out to Blue Pool, near Furzebrook.
Blue Pool gets its name as a result of the minerals in the clay in the area, which gives the water its characteristic colour. On some days it's a beautiful bright blue, and on others, like today, a green hue.

It was so peaceful, here. My daughter had fun running alongside the water, through the trees and bushes. There is a nice little play area for the kids, a squirrel hunt, a cafe, and a gift shop. There is an easy route around the water which can be accessed by wheelchairs and buggies, but getting down to the water's edge means climbing down some steps.



If you can make it to Blue Pool, it's a treat, a great place to contemplate life and the universe.
And if anyone finds a lime green jumper, it's mine! I had it tied around my waist, and it must have fallen off on my way around. Doh!



No comments:

Post a Comment