Saturday 19 September 2009

Early

Day 121
19 September 2009

We all had a really unsettled night. At 5.20 this morning we got up, because we were all wide awake.

Yesterday I met Liz Gilmour, who, along with three others, set off from Swanage pier at 6.45 this morning to swim eight miles to Bournemouth. I just about got there in time to catch them jumping into the water.
Each of the swimmers were raising money for variuos charities. Well done to all of you!
The sea was calm and it was fairly mild weather, but as we walked along the quay we saw all sorts of washed-up debris.






Whilst we were out, we saw the sun rise. Beautiful!



Later we went to our friend's son's birthday party. They are moving to India next week and we will miss them lots.
I am also missing my friend, who is having a henna party this evening. I should have been going, but because I don't seem to have grasped the concept of diaries and calendars, I managed to write the event down for next week instead of tonight, when I can't go.
No gold star for me, today!










1 comment:

  1. Thanks for coming down Nikki, didn't quite get to meet you but glad you were there to take these great photos.

    See you around...

    John

    ReplyDelete