Saturday 5 September 2009

Fairy Cakes and Smiles

Day 107
05 September 2009

This morning I decided that today we would go for a walk in the woods and pick out some Autumn leaves to make pictures and collages with.
We were all up and dressed by 8.30, because we've been so used to being in summer holiday mode of relax and see what happens. We all need a jolt into reality in time for Monday morning (two more sleeps).
The thing is, that by the time we'd done the getting dressed and tidied up bit, put the washing on, and put my son to bed for a sleep, it was lunchtime! And by that point, any trace of blue sky and sunshine had been replaced with looming big grey wet clouds. I lost my enthusiasm for a woodland walk and opted for a film and indoor play.
Fairy cakes are always a great activity for a dull grey day, and the aroma of the mix baking in the oven makes the day seem warm and inviting. My little girl started "baking" when she was about a year old, which started with pastry cutters and playing with flour. Today she whisked by herself, added the eggs, folded the mix and helped to tidy up - bonus!


Yummmmmmmy! Dairy-free and fairly delicious.



My little boy slept through a portion of the baking process, but decided he wanted to be a part of the action. Here he is, beginning his crawl towards me.





No comments:

Post a Comment