Monday 15 June 2009

Rooster

Day 25
15th June 2009

This rooster is a very handsome thing. He's made out of some kind of metal (no idea what, sorry), and he will watch over the kitchen. He's a present from my husband, who took my repeated "ooh I really like the rooster" hints each time we passed him in the shop window. His home will be on our mantle, when we eventually get our kitchen finished.
I love playing about with shadows and reflections. I took the opportunity to stand the Rooster in the sunlight, and take a photo of the shadow he cast across the concrete floor. I could have photoshopped out the line from the window, the sticker on the window pane, and the woodshavings from the piece of wood that's being prepared, but I decided to leave it, I actually quite like it. It looks like there's more than meets the eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment