Sunday 7 June 2009

Swirl

Day 17
07 June 2009

These are the results of a stroll around this morning with the kids. The entrance to the "downs" has a swirly bit on the ground, as seen directly below. There is an amphitheatre with two columns, which has swirly bits. I spied an emerging pattern. So I spent a few minutes walking about and taking photos of anything swirly. It wasn't hard. It seems that I'm not the first person to see that there are swirly things on the Downs.
And then there are the swirly kite things on the quay, one of which I took a photo of, too. There wasn't much of a wind this morning, though, so it's a bit of a limp swirly thing.
My favourite swirl is the one above. I like the metallic texture against the wood, the little hammered indents into the metal, and the rust slowly appearing.
It was sunny this morning, raining hard this afternoon, and sunny again this evening. A swirly weather pattern, too?















No comments:

Post a Comment