Thursday 2 July 2009

The 1st of The Firsts

Day 41
01 July 2009
My son turns 6 months old, in the next few days. I can't believe how fast time has flown since he arrived in our world. When I hold him in my arms and look at his lovely little ears, his big dark blue eyes, and his drooly grin, I marvel at how much he has changed in such a short amount of time. This is a lovely age, too. The personality really starts to show, and so far he seems to be a laid-back, chilled sort of baby. Most of the time.
I'm planning to follow baby-led weaning with him, but also do some of the other, more traditional weaning (I'd hate to clean up after a finger-fed, baby-led porridge session).
So, here he is, on his first day of weaning, eating a rice cake. It went down fairly well, despite a bit of a gag (always a bit of a moment, that bit), and an amusing juddery, shuddery shiver. He also enjoyed the cucumber, but got a bit frustrated with it slipping out of his fingers.
Taking his first sips of water from a Doidy cup. Brilliant invention! He has never taken a bottle, so this was a big moment for all of us!


The other first was for our daughter, who today went on her First Trip Somewhere Without Parents Accompanying Her. The playgroup went on the train from Swanage to Norden, for the day. She wanted to wear her pirate costume which we'd pieced together from the charity shop the other day. I couldn't ascertain too much from her as to how her day was, other than her saying "It was good and I fell asleep on the train!" Judging by that, and the staff saying how tired they were, I'd say that they all had a lovely time!






1 comment:

  1. Lovely pics - I can't believe Gabriel is nearly six months old, doesn't time fly. And he's so blonde!

    ReplyDelete