Tuesday 28 July 2009

Biathalon

Day 68
28 July 2009

A year ago we watched the Carnival week biathalon, and we decided that my husband would do it in 2009. In Womanland it was like this: I told him that it'd be a good incentive to aim for the 2009 biathalon and in the menatime work towards a better level of fitness (so do it next year, then, right?) and he agreed. Meanwhile, in Maledom, what had been said was something vaguely amusing and relevant to the current situation but that which was clearly not going to happen, but would be a bit of a laugh to do if it were to come to some sort of reality.
So this year, we both stood and watched this great bunch of people and children swim into the water, and then get out and run a cold wet and fresh length of beach to the new stone quay and back, whilst discussing the possibility of him doing it next year.
I'm going to do it next year. I've decided. I've just got to get used to the coldness of the sea water.
And get fit.
It'll be easy.
I just need to cut down on the treat foods.
And lose some baby pounds.
I'm going to do it, next year.
Just wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment