Tuesday 4 August 2009

Colour On A Grey Day

Day 75
04 August 2009

This afternoon I went to the Photographers Lounge to discuss some prints they are doing for me. I'm excited about it, but also a bit worried about how they will come out. I get a slight sense of dread that I will find that my photographic skills might look acceptable on screen, but when it comes to printing a photo and looking at it in "the flesh", it will show up all sorts of horrible things I hadn't noticed before.
Later on, we went to the far, far end of the beach, today, up towards Old Harry Rocks. It was drizzling, but we didn't mind. In fact, we barely noticed it. My son slept through it, and my daughter ran around looking for things to jump on, in or over, and looking for pebbles, oyster shells and fossils.
Then I told her to stop all that whilst I took some photos with her. She obliged, luckily. She likes posing for me, now, although sometimes she rolls her eyes and tutts at me if I ask her to sit still for a second. Cheeky thing!


Even though the weather has been a dull grey, nothing sort of day, there has still been colour all around us. I love to see brightly-painted beach huts, or people wearing bright raincoats and those Crocs that are available in most colours. I love seeing bright umbrellas, and then the reflections in the puddles on the ground.

I find the colours uplifting and comforting. To me it's a reminder that there are rainbows everywhere we go, even in the rain!




But I couldn't resist at least one black and white image for today!






1 comment:

  1. Hi Nikki, just found your lovely blog, haven't explored it all yet but got as far as this shot and realised that it was my dinghy on the beach! Great stuff. I will add a link to you on my blog, please feel free to do the same if you would like!

    All the best

    John

    ReplyDelete