Saturday 8 August 2009

A Part Of Me

Day 78
07 August 2009

Truthfully, I ran out of time to think properly about a photo, today. It got to 8 O'clock and I was going out. I suddenly realised that I hadn't taken any photos. I didn't want to take the camera out with me, so I decided I'd take a photo of myself.
I hate having my photo taken! I'm rubbish at being a subject, and I am much happier behind the camera than in front of it. I find that my eye is drawn immediately to the bits of my appearance I don't feel happy with. Here I am with wet hair, 5 minutes before having to leave. I played around with colours and I am sort of OK with this.
It has been said that the eyes are the windows to the soul. In that sense, perhaps to look at our own image in a photograph is to look deep within ourselves, and not always like what we see. Photoshop can touch up the imperfections, colours can make up the picture, but beyond that there is still that core within, visible through the exterior. In the end, I suppose it's about learning to accept the imperfections, to accept that the core will always be there, and to learn to love that within ourselves.
I had a good evening out, anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment