Sunday 16 August 2009

Pot luck

Day 87
16 August 2009

In my house, it's a rare thing for my husband to be genuinely interested in crockery.
I consider this to be a fortunate thing.
Yesterday, at the fete, there was a bric-a-brac stall. I bought a cast-iron butterfly for standing hot pans on. I thought it was a lovely symbol of transformation, very fitting for our soon-to-be new kitchen. At the moment it's just a big empty space with new plastered walls, and a fresh concreted floor.
He bought a bicycle for a couple of quid for our daughter when she's about 8 (a few years to go, but at least that's plenty of time for them to work on it together and get it to look shiny and new), and this...pot and cup set.
I think it's "home made" - there are no markings on the base of the pot or the cups. It's a very well made set. But it's really not to my taste! My husband likes it. So I will be serving him up his coffee in it every day!



No comments:

Post a Comment