Saturday 1 August 2009

The Things That Are Lost

Day 72
01 August 2009
After all the late nights over the past week, we had a lazy morning, today. As a result, the afternoon slid lazily by, too. At some point today we chanced our luck for a walk out in between the rain showers.
Saturday is the change-over day for tourists, so the town was heaving at lunchtime, and strangely quiet in comparison, this afternoon. There were only a handful of people on the beach.
As we walked, I noticed two Lost Things. Firstly was this umbrella, which to me looks as though it's looking out to sea for its owner to come by and whisk it away. I wonder if they will? Or will it be the victim of burglary, and be stolen by a soggy holiday-maker in need of shelter?

The second Lost Thing was described on the poster, above. I felt a longing for that ring to be found. As I walked past I looked at the vastness of the sand along the beach; the tide slowly creeping up the shore to its height of tide 3 hours later; and felt the breeze on my face. How could anyone find a ring in all of this?
So.
If you have a metal detector, and aren't doing much tomorrow, have a trek along Swanage beach to look for the ring!


As it's Saturday, there will be another fireworks display tonight. Here on the new quay, the organisers are preparing for tonights' display.


I like the shadowy reflection in the water. No other reason!




No comments:

Post a Comment