Saturday 1 August 2009

Fun Run

Day 70
30th July 2009
This evening we went out to watch the Swanage Fun Run. I wanted to do it, but I couldn't because of feeding clashes.
Oh, and everyone would have gone home to bed by the time I'd have staggered past the finish line. There were some great finishing times. The winner (who I missed, annoyingly) completed the 4 mile run in just over 20 minutes.
This is my friend, Narayan, who did it in around 24 mins or thereabouts - he didn't check his time!



There was a good turn-out of spectators, even if it was a bit windy up on Sandpit field.

Earlier on in the day we walked along the seafront, which was packed with tourists who had been expecting rain as predicted by the met office. Whilst we were there we had an ice-lolly, and watched (yet another) Punch and Judy show. I didn't know that there are only a few places left in the country where you can see Punch and Judy.



No comments:

Post a Comment