Monday 3 August 2009

Rainshine

Day 74
03 August 2009

All day it was sunny. I did some washing. I hung it out to dry. We went for a walk. We ran some errands. We were walking around wearing T-shirts, sunglasses, and a smile on our faces. My son, who loves sitting in his buggy and watching the world go by, cooed contentedly as we headed up to the far end of the beach to meet our friend at her beach hut.
We were being chased by a big, grey cloud. It got bigger. And bigger.
Then, just as we were heading home, it pushed in front of the sun, wrung itself out on the beach, sauntered around in the wind, and poked out its tongue in a "nah-nah-nee-nah-nah-nah" sort of way, before deciding to stick around silently, for a while.
On the way to the beach, my sunglasses protected my eyes, as per usefulness.
On the way home, they were perched on top of my head, trying to look useful but actually serving only to keep two dry patches on my head. The rest of me was drenched.
But I didn't care, and neither did my kids. My son was tucked into his buggy with the raincover on, and my daughter, like me, enjoyed the rain dotting our clothing in big, watery dollops. I found it exhilarating, like eating a tangy ice-lolly on a hot day; or running down a hill really fast with the full force of the wind in your face.
I suspect that snails don't mind the rain. This one didn't seem to. Its stalky eyes recoiled in suprise as I pointed my lens at it, though.

Pegs, mockingly sitting on the wall, having been plucked off the line in a hurry to rescue the sheets.
But I don't mind! Positive. Stay Positive!

Raindrops keep fallin on my head
And just like the guy whose feet are too big for his bed
Nothin seems to fit
Those raindrops are fallin on my head, they keep fallin

So I just did me some talkin to the sun
And I said I didnt like the way he got things done
Sleepin on the job
Those raindrops are fallin on my head, they keep fallin

But theres one thing I know
The blues they send to meet me wont defeat me
It wont be long till happiness steps up to greet me

Raindrops keep fallin on my head
But that doesnt mean my eyes will soon be turnin red
Cryins not for me
cause Im never gonna stop the rain by complainin
Because Im free
Nothins worryin me

It wont be long till happiness steps up to greet me

Raindrops keep fallin on my head
But that doesnt mean my eyes will soon be turnin red
Cryins not for me
cause Im never gonna stop the rain by complainin
Because Im free
Nothins worryin me




No comments:

Post a Comment