Sunday 23 August 2009

Teatime treat

Day 94
23 August 2009

The rest of the troop are out for a while, this afternoon, so I have been catching up on a few bits and pieces. It's amazing how quickly things can get done with peace and quiet!
I find doing mundane stuff like washing up, cleaning and tidying quite meditative. It's my time to reflect on the goings on, listen to my thoughts, and try to work out what exactly I mean when I think something.
For example, whilst cleaning the worksurfaces down in the kitchen, I lifted up a vase to clean underneath it. This made me think of the table I want to put in our hallway below a mirror to bring in some extra light, with some lillies in a vase on the table to give the corner a bit of life. This made me think of the tiles we need to order for our new kitchen, the money it will cost for us to do it, and this in turn made me wonder what I should be doing workwise, to bring in some money for the home.
This is where I get stuck. I have no idea what I am meant to be doing! It seems that my photography is bringing about potential to earn, but I need dedicated time to get on with it. My professional career, which is a bit limp and dull, needs an injection of life to get it moving again, but this will take a lot of effort and time which will take me away from my most important role in life, that of being mummy. When I had my daughter, I went back to work when she was just under six months old, and I hated being away from her. I don't want to do the same for my son, and I am enjoying being at home with him.
So, whenever I start cleaning and tidying in an empty house, it gives me plenty of time to think and contemplate. And get confused.
Now where did that wheat, gluten and dairy free chocolate brownie go?

No comments:

Post a Comment